If you’re getting ready to put your house on the market, it’s important to choose the right paint colors. You want colors that will appeal to a wide range of buyers and help your house sell quickly.
In this post, we’ll discuss the fifteen best exterior and interior neutral paint colors for selling a house. These colors are sure to help your home stand out from the competition!
Table of Contents
Why Paint Before Selling Your House?
Painting before selling your house can brighten up a dull-looking room, make small spaces seem larger, improve curb appeal, and give an outdated home a more modern feel.
When done well, painting can make a big difference in how quickly a home sells and how much it ultimately sells for.
A fresh coat of paint before selling your house can also do the following:
1. A fresh coat of paint can make a house look new again, which is sure to impress potential buyers.
2. Paint can also help to cover up any blemishes or imperfections on the walls, making the house look more presentable.
3. If you’re planning to sell your house soon, painting it beforehand is a great way to increase its value.
4. Painting is also a comparatively inexpensive way to improve the appearance of your home, which is important when selling.
5. Finally, painting can be a fun and creative way to refresh your home’s interior before putting it on the market.
Does painting a house increase value?
Yes – according to Zillow; repainting a home can prove a cost-effective way of attracting homebuyers, and possibly increasing the perceived value of the home.
When it comes to real estate, curb appeal is everything. Whether you’re trying to sell your home or simply want to make it look its best, a fresh coat of paint can go a long way.
If you’re planning to sell your home in the near future, painting it in a neutral color scheme is always a good idea. This will help potential buyers envision their own furniture and belongings in the space.
What are the best interior paint colors for selling a house that will appeal to homebuyers?
When it comes to painting the interior of your house to make it more appealing to buyers, there are a few colors that tend to work best. White is always a good choice, as it makes rooms look brighter and more spacious. Beige is another popular option, as it conveys a sense of calm and neutrality. Grey is also a good choice for those looking to give their home a modern makeover.
Best white paint colors
While white walls are often seen as a symbol of blandness, they can actually be quite versatile. In addition to giving a room a bright and airy feel, white walls can also help to reflect light and make a space appear larger. When paired with bold furnishings and accessories, white walls can create a stylish and sophisticated look.
1. White Dove by Benjamin Moore: This color has been a popular choice for years and continues to be one of the most popular white paint colors in renovated homes.
2. Pure White by Benjamin Moore: This is a versatile color that can be used in a variety of spaces.
3. Cloud White by Sherwin-Williams: This is also a top choice for many homeowners. This color has a slightly blue undertone that gives it a fresh and clean look.
4. Snowbound by Dulux: This color has a warm undertone that makes it perfect for rooms with a lot of natural light.
5. Decorator’s White from Behr: This is a classic white paint color that many homeowners love. This color works well in both traditional and contemporary spaces.
Best gray paint colors
If you’re looking for a stylish and versatile option, consider gray. Gray is perfect for creating a sophisticated and stylish look in any room. Plus, it’s easy to pair with other colors and furniture pieces, making it a great choice for almost any space.
1. Chelsea Gray by Benjamin Moore: A warm gray with hints of brown, Chelsea Gray is the perfect color for creating a cozy and inviting space.
2. Abalone by Valspar: This light and airy shade of gray is perfect for adding a touch of elegance to any room.
3. Sterling Gray by Sherwin-Williams: A rich and saturation gray, Sterling Gray is perfect for creating a sophisticated and timeless look.
4. Iron Mountain by Benjamin Moore: A deep and dark gray, Iron Mountain is perfect for adding drama and depth to a space.
5. Elephant’s Breath by Farrow & Ball: A light and airy gray, Elephant’s Breath is perfect for creating a fresh and modern look.
Best beige paint colors
If you’re torn between which color to paint before selling, go with beige. Beige is the perfect color for painting your interior walls. It’s warm and inviting, and it goes with just about everything. Plus, beige is a very versatile color.
You can paint your walls a light beige for a more airy look, or a dark beige for a more cozy feel. Beige is also a great color for hiding imperfections on your walls.
Beige paint is a popular choice for many rooms because it is versatile and goes with many different color schemes. Here are five of the most popular beige paint colors to choose from:
1. Repose Gray Sherwin-Williams: This is a light beige with gray undertones that give it a slightly chalky appearance. It is perfect for a room that gets a lot of sun because it won’t look too yellow.
2. Swiss Coffee by Benjamin Moore: This shade of beige is named after one of the most popular coffee brands in the world and it’s no wonder why. It has a creamy, slightly sweet hue that is perfect for kitchens and living rooms.
3. Honey Wheat by Valspar: This warm shade of beige is perfect for cozy spaces like dens and libraries. It has a touch of yellow that makes it feel sunny and welcoming.
4. Natural Wicker by Behr: This rich shade of beige is perfect for formal spaces like dining rooms and offices. It has a stately quality that makes it feel regal and refined.
5. Swiss Coffee by Dunn-Edwards: This is a rich, creamy beige with yellow undertones. It’s perfect for a kitchen because it pairs well with many different colors.
When it comes to painting your home before selling, it’s important to choose a color that will appeal to the widest range of buyers. Neutral colors like white, gray, and beige are always a safe bet. These colors are easy to work with and can be used in a variety of spaces.
Plus, they’re perfect for hiding any imperfections in your walls. So if you’re looking to sell your home soon, consider painting it one of these popular neutral colors.
Learn more about selling your house with our other resources:
- Learn how you can sell your house for cash.
- What Are the Documents Needed to Sell a House by Owner?
- FHA Loan Rules for Selling: Everything You Need to Know